IFT (Interferential Therapy)
• It is a medium frequency current used for pain relief in back pain, knee pain, painful conditions of knee, Radiculopathy.
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
• It is used in acute painful conditions. Eg. Acute muscle spasm and sprain
• It directly blocks pain carrying sensations, which causes immediate pain relief.
• These are high frequency, ultrasonic waves which penetrate deep into tissue causing tissue healing and reduce inflammation and ultimately reduce pain.
• Superficial heating modality which causes increase in blood flow and reduces the pain
• Useful in back pain and neck pain
EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation)
• It is used in cases of muscular weakness caused by paralysis of extremities and face
• It stimulates weakened muscles and helps in regaining lost muscle action.
ICT (Intermittent Cervical Traction) and ILT (Intermittent Lumbar Traction)
• Useful in back pain and neck pain, reduces the muscle spasm and gives pain relief.
PWB (Paraffin Wax Bath)
• Hot paraffin wax applied over the affected part to reduce pain, stiffness eg. Post fracture stiffness of wrist and fingers.
CPM (Continuous Passive Movements)
• Used in post surgical cases of knee to improve the joint range of motion
Eg. Cases like Total Knee replacement and ligament injuries.
Following exercise programme are given
• Shoulder rehabilitation
• Back rehabilitation
• Knee rehabilitation
• Post stroke rehabilitaion