Specialised Courses in Intensive CareApproved By ISCCM
Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, the largest non-profit association of Indian Physicians, Nurses, Physiotherapists and other allied health care professionals involved in the care of the critically ill. The ultimate aim is to raise the level of critical care practice in the country and to develop future leaders in the field of critical care.
Sanjeevan Hospital’s ICU approved by ISCCM offers academic courses for doctors and nursing staff in Intensive Care Management
- One  year for MD/MS/DNB candidates
- Two  years for DA/DTCD or equivalent candidates.
- Diploma in Anaesthesia/Diploma in Chest diseases/Diploma in Orthopedics. MD Medicine/Chest/Anaesthesia DNB Medicine/Chest/Anaesthesia MS General Surgery/Orthopedics
** The base qualifications must be from a MCI recognized university.
- In case of any doubt/controversy regarding the eligibility, the course coordinator at Sanjeevan Hospital should be consulted. Decisions by the ISCCM executive committee in this regard will be final & binding.
View The Course Syllabus Institute accredition criteria: All institutes accreditated for IDCCM from the date of approval.
- Candidates are selected after they pass the IDCCM exam by recognized teacher of the respective institutes.
- The selection process may vary institute to institute, it is at the sole discretion of Teacher and institution. ISCCM is not involved in selection process directly or indirectly.
- Candidates will be paid a salary/stipend as per the rules of the institute where they are appointed.
- The purpose of the course is to train nurses to:
- Provide quality care to critically ill patients.
- Manage & supervise care of critically ill patients.
- Teach nurses, allied health professionals and family members in areas related to critical care nursing.
- Conduct research in areas of critical care nursing.
Course Description: This course is designed to assist students in developing expertise and knowledge in the field of Critical care Nursing. It will help students to develop advanced skills for nursing intervention in caring for critically ill patients. Objectives: At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Appreciate trends and issues related to Critical Care Nursing.
- Describe the epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology and diagnostic assessment of critically ill patients
- Describe the various drugs used in critical care by nurses – Responsibility in their administration.
- Demonstrate advance skills/competence in managing critically ill patients including Advance Cardiac Life Support.
- Demonstrate skill in handling various equipments used in ICU.
- Provide comprehensive care to critically ill patients.
- Appreciate team work & coordinate activities related to patient care.
- Practice infection control measures.
- Assess and manage pain .
- Identify complications & take appropriate measures.
- Assist patients and their family to cope with emotional distress, grief and anxiety 14. Assist in various diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures
- Identify the sources of stress and manage burnout syndrome among health care providers.
- Teach and supervise nurses and allied health workers.
- Design a layout of ICU and develop standards for critical care nursing practice.
Critical care is an upcoming speciality and presently has a huge shortage of trained dedicated manpower. MBBS doctors are a major workforce in ICU teams. This course has been proposed to impart structured critical care training to MBBS doctors to improve patient management skills. Eligibilty: MBBS or equivalent allopathic medical degree with valid MCI registration. Course duration: 2 years Registration:
- Before Feb 28th every year for January batch
- Before Aug 31st every year for July batch
Fee details: Rs 25,000 at the time of registration and mandatory ISCCM Associate Life Membership They shall have no voting rights nor shall they contest any position in the Executive Committee. Candidates selection process: Candidates may directly apply to the accredited Institute where they would like to pursue training. Institute accredition criteria: View Course Syllabus All institutes accreditated for IDCCM from the date of approval. View Course Syllabus